The Nuna Group of Companies is now accepting resumes for Haul Truck / Rock Truck Operator(s) with large earthworks construction or mining projects experience.
Nuna is the largest Inuit-owned heavy civil construction, earthworks, and mine construction contractor in Canada.
Nuna Logistics is a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the Arctic and Northern Canada. Working often in remote locations, Nuna offers unique on-the-job experience and opportunity to build an exciting career. Our multi-disciplined teams provide a comprehensive array of services and innovative solutions to the most challenging and remote sites in northern Canada. Nuna's core values of: Safety - Integrity - Teamwork - Respect for Cultural Diversity and for Community & Environment; reflect our reputation as a safe, cost-effective, and innovative operator in the north.
- 3 week on / 3 week off rotations; 12-hour shifts,
- Competitive hourly rate with Overtime pay (1.5x),
- Extensive benefits including company matching RRSP's;
- Employee recognition program,
- Rotation allowances,
- Commercial flights and accommodations are covered from the project pick point,
- Long-term employment opportunities
This position is located on our project site located in the Northwest Territories.
Pre-access requirements include:
- Drug Test
- Criminal Record Check
- Covid screening
- Conducts pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments for all activities
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently to meet production targets
- Maintains equipment in good operating condition, reporting and logging maintenance requirements or concerns
- Complete production reporting and other documentation as required
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members
- Previous experience operating above mentioned equipment in a road building, mining, and/or industrial setting
- Minimum of 2 years' experience operating (745 Haul Truck) or 35/40-ton articulated truck (Wiggle Wagons) in an earth work site environment, mining/construction sites
- Previous experience with rotational schedules and remote camp life
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven
- Incorporates HS&E concepts into work activities and demonstrates concern for others health & safety (co-workers, clients, and sub trades)
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are asked to apply online at http://nunalogistics.com/jobs.html
Or by email: email@example.com
Nuna is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.
We thank all who apply but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.