Equipment Technician is responsible for overseeing all operations of WAMP’s production equipment library and services.
- Consult with the membership base on their equipment needs;
- Provide quick basic tutorials on equipment use and best practices, and best practices;
- Ensure renters have adequate insurance or the ability to cover equipment replacement costs if lost, stolen, or damaged;
- Manage equipment booking. Arrange pickup and drop of time;
- Monitor the state of equipment incoming and outgoing.
Billing and Payment:
- Process billing and payments for rentals;
- Invoice and payment record management.
- Proper security and storage of equipment;
- Keep accurate records and maintain an up dated equipment inventory;
- Maintain and repair equipment as far as possible.
- Assess the need for outside repairs when necessary and contact the repair facility.
- Assist other WAMP staff with technical needs when required.
- Facilitating media equipment workshops when programmed.
- Work with other WAMP staff to coordinate membership services annually.
- Strong knowledge of film, sound, lighting, photography, and other digital media equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior customer service abilities;
- Self-starting, able to work with little supervision;
- Excellent organizational abilities;
- Good working knowledge of computers and office software (i.e. Google Drive, Word, Excel);
- Physically capable of lifting and handling equipment.
WAMP is a membership-based non-profit Canadian arts organization based in the City of Yellowknife, NWT. Our mission is to produce, support, showcase and promote the film, video, and digital media across the North. We do this by supporting media producers and digital creators by showcasing and promoting their work. Further, we support filmmakers by connecting them to stakeholders and resources; keeping them informed about funding opportunities, learning about and understanding their craft, and fostering professional relationships that support them in achieving their creative potential.