The FFCNWT is an ever-growing organization dedicated to supporting children, youth and their foster or adoptive families across the NWT. We also run programs for children and youth. We are looking to hire an Executive Assistant who will be responsible to support all projects for the Foster Family Coalition of the Northwest Territories (FFC-NWT).
● Reception duties (phone/fax/email/walk-ins, mailings, labeling, stuffing, mailing) ● Providing Outreach to Foster Parents (including both phone calls and emails) ● Completing year-end reports. ● Creating bi-weekly newsletter. ● Creating ads, posters and flyers to post online. ● Updating social media. ● Assisting in all FFC NWT Projects, such as planning conferences. ● Other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Board of Directors.
- High School Diploma or related training.
- 3 years related experience.
- Clear Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector and Child protection check.
- Knowledge of Northern cultures.
- Competent with Google Drive, Microsoft Office (especially Word & Excel)
- Experience and knowledge of foster care and adoption as well as experience in offering support is considered an asset.
- Committed to the goals of the organization and able to communicate and implement ideas.
- Problem-solver who works efficiently and respectfully with employees and Executive Director.
- Organized and demonstrates sound work ethics.
- Excellent data entry and record keeping skills.
- Must be punctual and willing to be apart of an energetic team.
- Willing to train the right canidate.