About the Yellowknife Playschool Association The Yellowknife Playschool Association (YPA) is a non-profit organization run by a parent-led volunteer board. We offer engaging, active and creative part-time programming to children aged 25 months to 5 years. We have proudly served our community for over 40 years and we’re looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual to join our team!
About the Executive Director Position The Executive Director (ED) is a valued member of the YPA team and is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the facility. The ED supports 2 full-time staff, part-time staff as needed, member families, external partners and the board of directors.
- Manages registration for part-time programs and full-time camps and coordinates communication with prospective families; completes intake and orientation procedures and maintains a waitlist.
- Ensures positive and timely communication with families through regular verbal and written contact.
- Manages finances – collects, tracks and reports all incoming/outgoing funds (tuition, grant money, donations, purchases, etc.), in collaboration with the bookkeeper.
- Covers teachers’ lunch breaks and absences as needed.
- Coordinates substitute teachers and/or assistants on an-needed basis.
- Prepares and produces written documents to meet program information, communication needs, and grant application/reporting requirements.
- Coordinates and attends all necessary compliance inspections and ensures our facility operates responsibly, as guided by internal policy and the NWT Child Daycare Act.
- Reports to the board once per month, may be assigned other related duties by the board.
- Flexible schedule: much of the work can be done from home
- Free tuition for staff members’ children
- Generous compensation and benefits package available, with on-call time compensated
- Good interpersonal communication skills –both orally and written
- Organization, time and basic financial management skills
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
- Working knowledge and understanding of the NWT Child Daycare Act (or the willingness to acquire it)
- A valid Early Childhood Education Certificate, Teaching degree, or a similar combination of education and experience
- Valid/current accepted First Aid certificate
- Current Criminal Record check
- Fully vaccinated (including against Covid-19)
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org before May 27, 2022. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you!