The CBA is the voice of the legal profession in Canada. We are a National professional association representing a membership of lawyers, judges, and students. The Canadian Bar Association – Northwest Territories branch (CBA-NT) is seeking a highly organized and motivated Executive Director for a contract position. The successful applicant must provide their own workspace and equipment and reside in Yellowknife to attend in-person meetings and events.
Duration: a part-time contract position based in Yellowknife, NT
Salary Range: $34 - $38 per hour depending on experience.
5-15 hours per week from September to June
5-10 hours per week for July and August
Extended hours, including occasional evenings and weekends, for special events or travel throughout the year. All hours to be billed on a fee for service basis.
Application deadline: February 28, 2023. Interviews are expected to take place in early March 2023.
Please send a cover letter and resume to the CBA-NT President at email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org. All candidates will be considered, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Executive Director will report to the CBA-NT Executive Committee, and is responsible for:
- Meeting and event planning and support
- Assistance with financial planning and reporting, including assistance in drafting and following a budget and operational timeline to ensure healthy financial practices and sustainable financial security
- Basic accounting: knowledge of bookkeeping software (Sage) is an asset.
- Other administrative functions as required
- The Contractor may also participate in CBA National activities and may be required to travel to National meetings in Ottawa 1-2 times per year.
Our ideal candidate would have the following qualities:
- Experience collaborating with and obtaining approvals from a Board of Directors or Executive Committee
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills
- Self-directed, disciplined, and able to adapt quickly to new and changing deadlines, circumstances, and challenges
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to handle multiple work assignments
- Ability to anticipate, solve problems and take the initiative
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to liaise with volunteers in a professional and effective manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience working with a not-for-profit organization is an asset