This is a combined position working as a Family Centre Assistant and Senior Leader of Afterschool Programs. During the time as a Family Centre Assistant, you will assist the Coordinator in providing a variety of programs and activities that meet the needs of children from newborn to age 5 and their families. The after-school senior leader is responsible for providing childcare to children ages 4-10. This individual will supervise and facilitate various activities and is responsible for the safety of all the children in the program. This position reports to the coordinator, Afterschool program. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Qualifications and Experience
- Early Childhood Education or previous childcare experience
- 2 years’ experience in the field
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Cross-cultural experience/skills
- Current first aid/CPR
- Updated criminal record with vulnerable sector completed
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Current immunization record
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to remain calm and respectful
- Maintain appropriate professional and personal boundaries
- Ability to work with persons of varying cultural backgrounds
- Punctuality and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle difficult situations and behavioral issues
- Understanding of ECE Childcare Act/regulations
Salary dependent on experience and qualifications. Salary includes extended health benefits, vacation and pension plan. Apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://www.ywcanwt.ca/jobs for a full job description.