The Family Centre Coordinator is responsible for the operation of the YWCA NWT Family Centre drop-in program for children ages newborn to 5 years old. This position also oversees the Toy Lending Library. This is a full-time position working 8-hour shifts from Monday through Friday. While the hours of work will typically be from 9 am to 5 pm, the hours involved are flexible based on operational requirements. You may be required to work evenings and/or weekends occasionally.
Please send a current cover letter and resume outlining how you meet the requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: June 30, 2021. Hiring may take place before this date.
- Coordinating, planning and implementing early childhood programs at our Family Centre (drop-in programs for children ages 0-5years old)
- Quality management of all aspect of the program at the Family Centre & lending library
- Supervising staff at the lending library and other staff at the Family Centre
- Representing the YWCA and the Family Centre at stakeholder and public meetings
- Preparing quarterly and yearly reports for YWCA and project funding partners
- Working with federal and territorial consultants and funders
- Scheduling program activities and use of venues
- Scheduling staff when required
- Other duties and responsibilities based on program requirements or as determined by the director
- Diploma or higher in Early Childhood Education
- minimum 3 years’ experience working with families/children, including experience supervising and scheduling staff/programming,
- excellent verbal and written skills,
- excellent organization and interpersonal skills,
- cross-cultural experience/skills,
- familiar with Early Childhood NWT regulations.
The applicant will need a current first aid/CPR-C, and updated criminal records check with the vulnerable sector completed. The applicant will need to be able to work proficiently with the community and the families that access the programs.