The festival assistant plays an integral role in the coordination and overall delivery of the NorthWords Writers Festival. Under the guidance of the Executive Director, the festival assistant will assist with the festival planning and logistics, communications, volunteer coordination, and festival evaluation.
This is a freelance 10 weeks contract from April 12 to June 18. Typically 10hrs/week. Extended hours, weekend and evening work during the festival (June 10-13).
To apply for this contract, please send your resume and cover letter to Valerie Gamache at email@example.com.
- Assist with festival planning, logistics, setup and cleanup
- Assist with communications, marketing and promotion
- Recruit, schedule, train and supervise volunteers
- Liaise with authors and partners to collate information
- Collect and compile attendance and survey data
- Assist in the preparation of the activity report
- Experience working in events management, recreation and/or arts programming and/or volunteer management
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to handle multiple work assignments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of WordPress and social media tools
- Valid driver’s license an asset
Application deadline: March 29, 2021 (11:59pm)
NorthWords NWT is a non-profit organization that supports and promotes northern writers and a literary culture in the NWT. Since 2006, the NorthWords Writers Festival has showcased some of Canada’s finest writers at our signature event, the annual NorthWords Writers Festival. NorthWords NWT is proud to foster the careers of both emerging and established northern writers by offering workshops and hosting events throughout the year.