The festival Coordinator will be responsible for all of the tasks involved with organizing, managing and running a successful three-day festival.
Closing Date: April 15th, 2021
Reports to: Old Town Community Association board members.
Subordinate Staff: 35
External contacts: City contacts, businesses, general public, volunteers, etc
- Organize, attend, and manage weekly and/or by-weekly meetings with the OTCA board.
- PT hours from May- late July.
- FT hours weeks leading up to and during the festival. July 29-31
- PT in August.
- Coordinate all elements of the festival.
- Complete multiple final reports in a timely manner and assent in preparation for next year's funding applications.
Position Type: Part & Full-Time
Position Duration: May-August
- Excellent interpersonal skills, even temperament, ability to supervise effectively
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Strong communication and marketing skills
- Computer skills
- Ability to handle fast paced environment with many disruptions
- Ability to recruit and manage volunteers
- Willing to work various hours leading up, during, and after the festival
- Comfortable with physical activity during setup and teardown
- Punctuality with final reports
The Old Town Community Association is a group of local business owners and volunteers who are dedicated to the enrichment of and engagement of the local community. Most of its members have been on the board since the first festival and are committed to its success.