EntrepreNorth is seeking a Finance Manager to support the growth of EntrepreNorth and its program offerings. Our mission is to empower Indigenous entrepreneurs to build sustainable businesses and livelihoods across Northern Canada. Our flagship offering is a nine-month entrepreneur growth program that supports a cohort of entrepreneurs to develop the skills and knowledge to take their businesses to the next level. We also offer Indigenous-centered business curriculum, community-based ideation workshops, networking events, and produce engaging digital content to inspire up and coming entrepreneurs.
This role will be instrumental in helping to establish and implement financial policies, systems, and procedures to grow and strengthen our funding partnerships and other revenue generating opportunities. The Finance Manager will work closely with the Project Director, project managers, and extended MakeWay Foundation team to provide timely direction and advice on all matters related to financial planning, budgeting, spending, and reporting. This role will be integral in our ability to build and maintain strong rapport with funding partners and project contractors.
- Manage the financial planning and budgeting process for all project-related activities, including the preparation of financial forecasts and fundraising targets;
- Develop and implement financial policies, systems, and procedures to ensure a high level of project accountability;
- Prepare or coordinate the preparation of financial statements, custom financial reports, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports;
- Coordinate with project managers to prepare operational budgets for program implementation; marketing and communications; and other special initiatives;
- Conduct monthly variance reporting to keep project expenditures on track and adjust where necessary;
- Coordinate with the MakeWay Shared Platform finance team to comply with all grant reporting requirements;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a Northern procurement policy to support Northern business;
- Oversee project expenditure and expense reporting with project team members;
- Oversee contract cost management and invoicing with project team members;
- Track and monitor vendor invoices for payment
- A Bachelor's degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Commerce or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years’ of experience in Accounting, Budgeting, Financial Planning and Analysis or other Financial activities
- Experience working in Indigenous communities and/or culturally sensitive environments
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- A recognized accounting designation or accounting diploma(e.g., CPA)
- Experience developing multi-dimensional fund-based budgets
- Familiarity with Northern entrepreneurial operations
- Strong networking and relationship building abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
EntrepreNorth is a project on MakeWay's shared platform, which provides operational supports, governance, and charitable expertise for changemakers. The shared platform enables more time and money to go towards achieving greater impact. MakeWay is a national charity that builds partnerships and solutions to help nature and communities thrive together.