The Finance Officer (FO) reports directly to the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) and the Chief Executive Officer. The FO is responsible for all aspects of day-to-day accounting and the transaction cycle for Salt River First Nation and business entities, as well as for business operations that affect the Finance Department. The Finance Officer works within the context of Salt River First Nation's vision and principles and is expected to make a significant contribution to the effective operation of the First Nation and business entities.
Major duties include:
- ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll and payroll remittances;
- troubleshooting system failures with IT Technicians when necessary;
- recording funding agreements and related deposits;
- performing analysis for discrepancies and reporting to managers and the CFO;
- ensuring deposits are made daily;
- maintaining general ledger and prepare adjusting entries;
- preparing and filing GST and other government forms;
- reconciling month end accounts.
The specific qualifications for this position include:
- post-secondary education in Accounting or Business Administration (equivalencies will be considered);
- experience in accounting and financial reporting;
- ability to function in a computer environment;
- strong work ethic and attention to detail;
- proven written and verbal communication skills;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- experience in First Nation and Retail will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate MUST BE BONDABLE and provide a satisfactory job related Criminal Records Check.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2021