General Helper(Kitchen) Gahcho Kue
- Full Medical benefits
- 3.5% RSP matching
Serving the Yellowknives Dene First Nation, Bouwa Whee Catering is a division of the Det’on Cho Hospitality Group, a 100% indigenous owned organization, providing top-tier, professional camp catering services to Canada’s northern mines. We promote a positive work-place culture focused on growth, teamwork and inclusivity and are seeking a General Helper(Kitchen) for our Gahcho Kue Mine site.
Reporting to the Chef at the Gahcho Kue Diamond Mine, the General Helper is a Full-Time position on a 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off rotation. Night Shift may be required.
Our ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- a current WHMIS and Level 1 Food Safe certificates
- knowledge of the safe and efficient operation of equipment within the Food Service area of operations
- understanding the proper use of all cleaning chemicals in the Food Service areas of operations and understand the safety precautions necessary while using these products.
- familiar with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- exceptional time management skills
- exceptional customer service skills and enjoys working with the public
- proven ability in working as a team player, ability to work well with others and on own
- proven punctuality and ability to work 12 hour shifts
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- assisting the kitchen staff in their daily meal preparations
- cleaning and sanitizing service utensils, flatware and china
- ensuring the general maintenance and cleanliness of the food service areas (including the Kitchen, Dining Room and Service Islands)
- Adhering to Territorial and Federal sanitation practices
- Practice sanitation and safety daily and throughout the shift
- attending all scheduled training sessions and safety meetings
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.