- Come and experience life in one of Canada's northernmost communities and finish each day knowing you have made a difference!
- Competitive starting salary of $97,756 to $106,907 plus a Northern Allowance of $15,016!
- A challenging and rewarding role for an experienced manager!
About the Organization
Iqaluit Housing Association (IHA) operates under a management agreement with the Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC) that works to deliver housing solutions that provide an important link to Nunavut communities. IHA is one of 25 Local Housing Organizations (LHO) that delivers subsidized housing in cooperation with the NHC. As such, the IHA Manager has a reporting relationship with the NHC and will be required to work closely with the district offices in carrying out the management function at the IHA.
About the Opportunity
The Iqaluit Housing Association has an exciting opportunity for a General Manager to join our team in Iqaluit, Nunavut on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the IHA Board of Directors you will be responsible for the full accounting cycle as well as human resources, maintenance, budgeting, rents collections and administrative functions of the IHA. Support is provided to the Manager by the Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC) staff in the areas of Finance, Maintenance, Board relations and Programs administration.
About the Benefits
The successful incumbent will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary starting at $97,756 to $106,907. You will also receive a great range of employee benefits, including:
- A Northern Allowance of $15,016
- 4 weeks of vacation to start and 1 week of paid leave in lieu.
- Relocation and removals assistance.
- Subsidized housing available (if out of community).
If you are looking for a role where no day is the same, and where you can make a real difference in the lives of others, then this is the role for you - APPLY TODAY!
More specifically your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Supervising Administration and Maintenance Staff and keeping proper personnel records.
- Interacting with Tenants and other interest groups on a day to day basis.
- Keeping proper accounting records and reports and liaising with Audit/Consultant staff as well as NHC District office staff and preparing annual budgets with established restraints.
- Ensuring IHA property and structures are maintained at an optimum level.
- Providing guidance to the Board of Directors on matters such as NHC housing programs, policies, financial matters, public housing allocations and acting as Secretary to the Board during all meetings.
To qualify for this role, you will have:
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration and/or Accounting.
- At least 5 years of management, full-cycle accounting and property management experience.
- Experience with budgeting, accounts receivable and payable, and administering payroll and related records.
- Experience interpreting financial records.
- Previous management/supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of the Inuit language, communities, culture, land/Inuit Quajimajatuqangiit (asset).
- A valid Class 5 Driver's license.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong problem-solving and time management skills. The ability to coordinate many activities simultaneously and to track the progress of all of the activities is crucial.
Finally, you must be self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually. Please note this is a non-unionized position. A Criminal Record Check will be required.