The position runs Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:30pm.
You'll be responsible for engaging with youth and implementing daily programming that focuses on developing life skills. Ages of youth will vary from 12 - 23. Due to the social distancing measures from the COVID-19 pandemic, safety measures will be in place.
In this position, you will be working on a team to ensure the youth have a fun and educational time. This program will specifically focus on the development of life skills, which will support their success in their transition to adulthood.
-education health and nutrition
-positive mental health
-housing and home management
-learner's driving license
- discuss COVID-19 safety with the youth everyday, to remind them about hand washing, not touching their face, staying 2 meters from everyone outside, etc.
- Engage with youth at all times; be open, communicative, and supportive
- Ensure youth are supervised at all times
- Lead activities with enthusiasm and energy. Activities may include playing outside, going for walks, attending workshops held by other organizations, doing crafts, playing cards, group games, reading, watching videos, and helping youth with their school work, as well as leading life skill lessons.
- Follow the daily schedule, and contribute to the programming schedule to make sure it fits the youth and addresses their needs as best as possible
- Respect all equipment and facilities, and ensures proper care, use, and maintenance of them
- Prepare/set-up/supervise games and activities
- Communicate with parents and caregivers throughout the day when needed
- Esure all spaces are cleaned and sanitized at the end of each day
● First Aid and CPR Certificate is an asset
● Excellent communication skills and ability to lead groups of youth and work with others
● Enthusiasm and desire to work with children and make a positive impact on their life
● Knowledge of northern cultures
● Experience working with children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) an asset
● If worker is 19+ years old, they will need a complete criminal record check with vulnerable sector
● Willingness to get a child protection records check completed in all places you have lived in the past 5 years