Ptarmigan Inn Hotels Ltd is Hay River's premier full service hotel conveniently located in the downtown area. We feature 3 large boardrooms along with full service catering, and onsite gym, Fitness4All. As well, we offer a many dining options, Keys Dining and Doghouse Pub right in the hotel, and Back Eddy Lounge & Grill just down the road.
The Ptarmigan Inn Hotel is seeking motivated and reliable staff to join our culinary team! If you are an experienced cook interested in working in a fast-paced hotel setting, then apply now!
The Head Chef is a working position that will also oversee and guide our culinary team.
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory,
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods,
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies,
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions, Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food,
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards, Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks,
- Recruit and hire staff,
- Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions, Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of several restaurants,
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff,
- Create new recipes, Prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets,
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Being able to work any station on the line and in banquets
- Prepare a variety of items i.e. soups, sauces, salad dressings etc. by using recipes and the proper techniques
- Ensure high quality products are produced in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a professional and team player attitude at all times
- Communicate effectively with all team members
- Comply with all company policies and procedures as outlined
Cook Trade Certification, Safe Food Handling Certificate, Cook Red Seal Certificate, Food Safety Certificate, experience equivalencies accepted.
- Flexible availability for shift work
- Must be fully available to work weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays
- Must be able to lift 25lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to work a full shift standing
- Minimum 5 year related experience
Criminal Record Check required
This position is limited to Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents or individuals currently in possession of an open work permit. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Starting at $55,000.00 annually, plus gratuities