Location: ALS Geochemistry, Yellowknife
Reports to: Area Manager NWT/Nunavut, Western Canada Geochemistry
About the Position:
As an HSE Administrator, you will work with the HSE Manager to fulfill all health and safety and environmental functions in the location, this will include: focusing on incident prevention, investigation, reporting and follow up, employee training and HSE records review and updates. As a key figure in the local health & safety culture, the incumbent will foster that culture in leading by example and ensuring their behavior is fully aligned with the ALS Health and Safety Program.
For further details:
- We have immediate openings available. Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted;
- For the employee referral bonus program this position is eligible for a Level B bonus award.
- Apply online at: Job Search - Career Portal (dayforcehcm.com)
- Assist the HSE Coordinator by performing administrative, clerical and other duties as required;
- Facilitate new staff health and safety orientation training and maintain an updated database;
- Co-ordinate all Health and Safety and workplace safety improvement objectives;
- Participate in safety meetings and chair the joint occupational health and safety committee, as well as provide training to all meeting participants;
- Assist with accident and incident investigations, reports, and follow-ups;
- Organize and maintain the first aid team, first aid supplies, and first aid injuries;
- Assist with conducting incident management by investigating incidents, reporting, root cause analysis, and follow up;
- Maintain and update SDS records stored on site;
- Assist in writing procedures, policies and educational material for local safety program;
- Assist with exposure monitoring protocols and equipment checks;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through on commitments and deadlines;
- Able to speak in public and present information to groups;
- Possess tact, diplomacy and effective communication skills;
- Intermediate MS office skills are required;
- Strong understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality and discretion;
- Able to effectively handle escalations and time critical issues.
- Completion of Grade 12;
- Experience in health, safety and environment programs required;
- Minimum 1-year office experience;
- Previous experience with safety committee an asset;
- Previous work experience in a fast pace production setting is an asset.
- Ability to sit at a desk and do general office work, which includes periodic sedentary responsibilities;
- Ability to use and view a computer screen for up to 8 hours per day;
- Ability to communicate via telephone and e-mail without assistance.