YB Services is currently looking to hire a Heavy Duty Mechanic who specializes in heavy truck and equipment repairs and has extensive experience with On-Road/Off-Road equipment. This position is to work in our facility in Yellowknife, NT and in the field as needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair heavy duty and medium duty equipment and on-road/off-road equipment.
- Report findings and recommendations of repair and/or replacement parts.
- Complete mechanical, electrical, air system and general repairs/services.
- Diagnose equipment problems; identify and replace worn/broken parts as needed
- Test and inspect repairs to ensure quality work that meets all standards and determines need for other repairs
- Other reasonable duties as required.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Able to pass drug test/medical as required
- Comfortable working in all weather environments
- Journeyman/Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic Certificate an asset (would also accept 3rd/4th year apprentices)
- Minimum 3 year experience as a Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Good physical condition as work is physically demanding
- Must have good aptitude and be able to continually learn and advance skills/knowledge in trade
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Positive attitude/team player
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong problem solving skills/analytical skills
- Basic computer knowledge