Nahanni Construction Ltd. is hiring Heavy Equipment Operators for the Nechalacho job site; a bulk sampling project for rare earth metals. The successful candidates will work on a three (3) weeks on / three (3) weeks off rotational schedule based in a remote, fly-in camp environment, located on Thor Lake, NT.
The Heavy Equipment Operator will be responsible for the safe and effective operation of 40 Tonne Rock Trucks, 349 Excavators, Water Trucks, Fuel Trucks and more.
- Safely and effectively operate equipment;
- Follow all safety protocols to ensure the safety of those around and also the integrity of the equipment;
- Perform daily safety inspections on designated equipment to ensure that it is safe to operate;
- Effectively communicate with other team members.
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment is an asset.
- Experience working in an industrial setting.
- Ability to work in a team based, safety oriented environment.
The deadline to apply for this position is: February 15, 2021.
At Nahanni we are cold weather and remote location construction experts. Our clients benefit from our ability to provide all-inclusive construction services and project management. These services help us deliver turnkey operations and logistical services for all of your remediation, industrial and commercial construction needs. All of our work is safety focused and quality oriented, and with over 30 years construction experience in the North we have the staff, equipment, and skills to get the job done right.