Heavy Equipment Technician
Employment Type: Employee & Temporary (12 Month Term) Available
Arctic Canadian Diamond Company Ltd. is a Canadian diamond mining company situated approximately 200 kilometers south of the Arctic Circle in Canada’s Northwest Territories. The company operates the Ekati Diamond Mine, in which it owns a controlling interest. It supplies rough diamonds to the global market through its sorting and selling operations in Canada, and Belgium and is Canada’s largest independent diamond producer.
Arctic maximizes the sales value of its rough stones from the Ekati Diamond Mines and maintains a preferred position as a supplier of rough diamonds to the world’s diamond manufacturers (cutters and polishers) by dealing directly with them and tailoring rough diamond parcels to the client’s particular needs.
Why Arctic Canadian Diamond Company?
At Arctic Canadian Diamond Company Ltd., we believe people are our most important asset. That is why we are fully committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our employees and to establishing strong lasting and respectful relationships with the people and communities with whom we work.
Arctic is dedicated to developing our workforce and committed to creating an environment where people can learn, grow, and take on new responsibilities. We build capacity within our workforce by offering leadership training, apprenticeship positions, and adult education initiatives, all of which encourage employees and contractors to strive for growth and development.
Since beginning operations in 1998, the Ekati Diamond mine has become internationally recognized as a world-class supplier of top-quality rough diamonds. Now operated by Arctic Canadian Diamond Company Ltd., the Ekati mine provides unique operational challenges and rewarding career development opportunities.
As a member of the Maintenance Team, the Heavy Equipment Technician will report to the Team Leader, Maintenance and work a three (3) weeks on, three (3) weeks off rotation at the Ekati mine site. The Heavy Equipment Technician is responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance of all heavy-duty equipment on site. The successful candidate must focus on safety, quality, and accuracy of work and shall be adaptable to changing roles within the function.
- Complete Initial field inspections, preventive maintenance, field repairs, component changes, and all other standard maintenance activities required to maintain site equipment;
- Execute the site’s contamination control strategy including fluid monitoring, formal pre-fill protocols and on-site filtration device and procedures;
- Performing all services in connection with site equipment, parts and components;
- Mentorship of employees, trainees and trades people;
- Always protect the safety and well-being of yourself and your co-workers. Follow all Company specific safety protocols and Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures;
- Work with other trades in a flexible team environment to achieve best-in-class efficiency and productivity.
- Certified Journeyperson Red Seal Heavy Equipment Technician;
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Must have experience with mining equipment;
- Working knowledge of SAP and basic computer literacy with willingness to learn new computer skills;
- Ability to comprehend a situation and identify underlying causes, use knowledge and experience to tackle and solve technical issues;
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Class 5 driver's license is required.