The Hotel Operations Manager will be responsible for the supervision and control of the kitchen, all Food and Beverage Outlets, Front Desk, Maintenance, and Housekeeping Departments. The Operations Manager will oversee the operation of the Hotel and ensure quality, professional services is provided at all times. The Operations Manager will be required to follow all required standards within agreed budgetary limits and parameters of the law, particularly liquor law. The Ptarmigan Inn will meet or exceed all NWT Health and Safety standards.
- Review regular financial statements, inventory control and daily/weekly cash control ledger
- Ensure that profit margins are maintained, agreed costs are not exceeded through effective control systems, including issuing against dockets, sales analysis, menu costs and cash checks.
- Provide support and training to all department managers and maintain effective human resource practices.
- To communicate regularly and efficiently with department managers and supervisors.
- Host weekly meetings with kitchen supervisor and bar supervisor and weekly managers meetings with ownership.
- Ensure that bar staff are well trained, in uniform and serve their customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Ensure that the most suitably qualified person is appointed in the event of a vacancy - wherever possible this should be an internal promotion.
- Supply feedback on customer reviews, comments and complaints in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a high degree of interest in self-development, displaying this by making suggestions for realistic improvements.
- Act as Manager on Duty (MOD) as required.
- Ensure that consumable and non-consumable goods are ordered, correctly stored and issued to the various departments.
- Ensure maximum security in all areas under their control and that staff are fully aware of the importance of key security.
- Ensure that staffing levels are correct and to agreed standards and are not exceeded without prior consultation.
- Ensure that company and statutory hygiene standards are maintained in all areas.
- Take all necessary steps in the event of theft, burglary or fire.
- Ensure that reports and administration requirements are submitted in a timely fashion. Weekly review of all F&B outlets sales, to help ensure accuracy in ordering and maintain proper controls.
- Hold regular performance appraisals with all staff, identifying areas for development and training needs, and ensuring that this training is completed.
- Ensure the use of fair and consistent discipline for all employees.
- Ensure that the causes of staff grievances are investigated and the appropriate action taken.
- Ensure that fire and evacuation drills are held regularly.
- Maintain a working knowledge of, and ensure compliance with all statutory requirements regarding a food and beverage operation, that all licenses, including special licenses, are applied for in a timely fashion and that the conditions affecting the issues of a liquor license are not jeopardized.
- Ensure that an effective table reservation system is in operation.
- Circulate throughout all restaurants, bars and banqueting departments, maintaining a positive profile with customers and staff.
- Verifying the hours worked and recorded by staff, ensuring that all hours recorded in the time sheets are recorded in the hand scanning system.
- Helping out/ expediting in the dining outlets when necessary
- Planning new events/specials for all outlets and working with GM to advertise and promote the events. Ensure that bands and musicians are available when required.
- Carry out or ensure that regular On-the-Job Training is taking place to agreed standards.
- Oversee all lease holding tenants, address tenant concerns with ownership.
- Ensure website is up to date, informative, and visually appealing.
- Market fresh ideas in an effective and financially responsible manner
- Other duties as reasonably required to ensure the success of the Company.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Ability to examine and re-engineer food and beverage operations, form new policies, and develop and implement new strategies
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Good training, coaching, and mentoring skills are essential
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events
This position is limited to Canadian citizens, permanent residents or individuals currently in possession of an open work permit.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year