We are looking for an HR Advisor to oversee the whole employee experience from beginning to end, guide our managers in HR related matters and help foster our safe, collaborative and fun culture.
- Maintain and update compensation structures for both managerial and non-managerial employees.
- Oversee internal alignment processes, job analysis, and provide recommendations.
- Policy writing - research, develop, implement and evaluate.
- Work with leaders to develop and manage recruitment procedures, job postings, and advertising.
- Administer performance management evaluation process.
- Coach leaders on effectively dealing with employee relations issues.
- Guide employees on issues and concerns.
- Identify trends in employee relations issues, employee turnover etc.
- Propose and research employee retention and engagement programs.
- Benchmark and measure effectiveness of HR processes.
- Maintain positive working relationships with employees and the management team.
- Work with leaders and other departments to coordinate onboarding of new employees.
- Advise and assist departmental managers on the interpretation and administration of policies, programs and best practices.
- Adhere to legislation such as the Human Rights Act, Labour Standards Act and Transport Canada.
- Create employment agreements and independent contractor contracts.
- Advise managers on organizational matters such as discrimination, discipline, harassment, etc.
- Work closely with payroll to ensure accuracy.
- Conduct exit interviews and assist with the offboarding process where needed.
Formal Education Requirements
• University degree or college diploma (Business, HR or Psychology preferred).
• CHRP designation is an asset.
Related Work Experience Requirements
• At least 2 years working in an HR or related role.
Computer Software Utilized
• Microsoft office applications including e-mail, Microsoft, Excel, Power Point; internet, etc.
• Internal management systems (DATS, Portal, GANT, CRM)
• Must possess high degree of cultural awareness, respect and sensitivity;
• Must be flexible; able to demonstrate sound work ethics; be considerate and fair; committed to safety;
• Confident leader who is self-motivated, innovative and results-orientated;
• Exceptional communication, organizational and time-management skills;
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a busy and flexible environment;
• Effective problem solver thinking both creatively and analytically;
• Ability to react positively and progressively to stressful situations is required;
• Must recognize the need to be a particularly good listener who can organize their thoughts while on their feet;
• Maintains confidentiality on all matters, particularly those relating to personnel matters, company personnel and business strategy, client programs, processes and plans;
• Performs all duties with a level of interpersonal skills appropriate to the position.