The Human Resource Manager is responsible for providing human resource (HR) support services to the Délı̨nę Got’ı̨nę Government (DGG), including developing and implementing HR strategies and programs aligned with the overall business strategy, facilitating management and employee relations by developing policies and communicating best practice to all employees, supporting managers in effective leadership and supervisory practices.
The Human Resource Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer and provides advice and assistance to Directors, supervisors and staff.
The HR Manager is familiar with employment legislation and standards applicable to the DGG and its employees and contractors, and works within the Délı̨nę Got’ı̨nę Government Laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Work with DGG leadership team to develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy;
- Implement effective internal employee & leader communications;
- Support management and support effective employee relations by assisting managers in responding to demands, grievances or other issues;
- Manage the recruitment and selection process;
- Support current and future business needs through the development of a workforce planning on an annual basis;
- Deliver and periodically evaluate the effectiveness of overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization;
- Nurture a positive working environment through effective communications, and policy/program training;
- Oversee and manage a performance review system that drives high performance;
- Oversee administration of a competitive compensation and benefits program;
- Partner with Leaders to develop an annual training needs assessment for all employees;
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics; and
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management programs;
- 5 – 8 years working experience as HR manager in a First Nations Government workplace
- People oriented and results driven
- Knowledge of HR best practice
- Ability to articulate Human Resource strategy to Leaders;
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization
- In-depth knowledge of Territorial Employment, Safety, Human Rights laws and HR best practice
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Housing Accommodations and Relocation Expenses provided.