The Human Resources (HR) coordinator will manage recruitment, maintain employee records, assist with payroll and provide administrative support to all employees of the FFCNWT. The HR Coordinator needs to be familiar with the various programs and projects run by the organization, and assist with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests. On-the-job training is available, however applicants need to have strong organizational skills, effective time-management skills, and great problem-solving skills. The HR Coordinator will work in an office environment, and will be paid $28/hour. This is a full-time position at 37.5 hours / week.
- Assist with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests
- Maintain digital copies of employees' records on Google drive
- Manage the recruitment process by posting job ads online, identifying candidates, submitting child protection record checks to Social Services, performing reference checks and issuing employment contracts, and setting up new employees on scheduling app
- Schedule meetings, interviews, and maintain agendas
- Coordinate training sessions for staff
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff
- Assist with payroll by managing timesheets and submitting to bookkeeper
- Support other assigned functions
- Energetic, committed to the goals of the organization and able to communicate and implement ideas.
- Problem-solver who works efficiently and respectfully with employees and Executive Director
- Maintains standards of conduct and demonstrates sound work ethics.
- Respectful, self-motivated, disciplined and understands the necessity for confidentiality in all business and personal matters.
- Excellent data entry and record keeping skills
- Attentive to details and thorough
- Has good communication skills
- Honest and able to work with discretion
- Strong organizational skills
- Human resources experience or education an asset
- Vulnerable Sector Check or willing to obtain