This role provides support for the efficient and effective operations of our Human Resources department in our Yellowknife Corporate Office. This full-time role will provide a full range of Human Resources and management duties. If you consistently strive to make the people around you better, want to continue the growth of your career in Human Resources and looking for a role that offers exposure to the many areas of HR, this might be the position for you. This is an opportunity to be a trusted Professional, use and expand your skills, and make an impact.
- Assist with the recruitment efforts, including writing advertisements, working with and posting on third party sites, collection and review of resumes, pre-screening, conducting interviews, forwarding background check forms and site clearance documentation.
- Preparing offer letters, contracts, and new hire information.
- Assisting in the development of various human resource procedures, policies and processes and providing advice to all staff on the application and interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Perform tasks in administration related activates.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; personable, enthusiastic and friendly.
- Resourcefulness and capacity to take initiatives.
- Excellent communicator, strong listening skills.
- Detailed-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion and to handle highly confidential information appropriately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of post secondary /degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or another relevant field.
- General knowledge of employment standards and human rights legislation in the Northwest Territories.
- 7+ years office administrative / management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Well organized and detail oriented with an ability to multitask.
- Excellent time-management and communication skills