Bouwa Whee Catering is a dynamic, wholly owned subsidiary of the Deton Cho Management Lp, the economic development organization for the Yellowknives Dene First Nation.
Bouwa Whee delivers great food, housekeeping and accommodation management services under some of the world’s most challenging conditions at three of Canada’s premier mines.
We are looking for a confident and experienced Human Resources Manager to work in our Yellowknife Office with some travel to the mine site.
The candidate will maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Bouwa Whee Caterings commitment to our clients and each other.
Such duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in overall company strategic planning and leads Human Resource planning activities
- Provides advice on Human Resource issues and develops and implements Human Resources policies
- Implements, manages and evaluates Human Resource programs and functions and make changes to improve effectiveness and efficiency
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- minimum 5 years experience in the Human Resource field.
- A degree/or certificate in the Human Resources and /or Business Administration.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of human resource planning and management
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant federal, territorial and local requirements regarding human resource administration and human rights and employment standards legislation
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team
- Organization, prioritizing and time management skills are key for this position
- Ability to work 12-hour days in a fast-paced environment
- Valid First Aid and WHMIS Certification an asset
- Proven team player with ability work both independently with little supervision as well as part of a team
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.