NCS is currently seeking an Indigenous Content Creator to work part-time in a fast-paced, creative environment in our production facility in Yellowknife, NWT.
If you have a nose for news, a voice for radio, and want to tell important community stories then CKLB is the place for you. CKLB is willing to train the right candidate with a strong desire to learn broadcast and web journalism.
- Develops and maintains contacts with a variety of sources.
- Creates digital and written content on all CKLB platforms, with a focus on radio
- Gathers and reports information from various sources
- Contributes ideas or program content; participates in the preparation of program objectives
- Optimize the use of social media platforms for delivery of news
- Performs the following tasks;
- Utilize various media sources
- Work with other staff to ensure required material is available
- Present information and/or analysis in a variety of formats
- Perform production or administrative tasks associated with the smooth function of the newsroom, program unit, or station
- Follow up on social media trends and be responsive to accounts
- Previous experience writing and posting to social media platforms considered an asset
- Introductory knowledge of journalistic procedures
- Introductory broadcast writing skill and on-air presence
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Working knowledge of photography equipment and photography techniques
- Introductory knowledge of broadcast news, public affairs and feature reporting
- Excellent time management skills, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and professionalism skills
- Demonstrated ability to report, write and produce quality interviews and features
- Able to produce news articles and interviews in a polished, edited, researched style
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Knowledge about the Dene and other Indigenous cultures and languages of the NWT
- Must be fluent in English
- Knowledge of Indigenous language a strong asset
- Working knowledge of editing programs/software such as Audacity, Hindenburg, etc.
- Familiarity with recording equipment.
The Native Communications Society of the NWT (NCS) is the territory’s premier Aboriginal Broadcaster with coverage across the entire territory and beyond. NSC boasts a team of creative, passionate, and talented individuals constantly searching for stories that inform and educate. CKLB, a division of NCS, delivers news, current affairs and diverse regional and cultural perspectives daily to our valued listeners in five Indigenous languages and English.