We are hiring a skilled Instructional Designer / LMS Administrator to assist the training team of a remote mine in the Northwest Territories. This role manages the LMS system onsite as well as develops training content for all employees to ensure safe operations as well to comply with regulatory training requirements. Our ideal candidate is experienced, hands-on, and team focused. This remote (NOT site based) position is a temporary contract of 6 months.
Some of the responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage day to day operations of the Absorb Learning Management System including creating and maintaining training content, reporting, creating learner profiles, managing course enrollments, assigning training curricula, responding to employee inquiries, general administration.
- Design, develop, and publish online training content to LMS using Captivate e-learning authoring tools.
- Review, edit and improve existing online training content within Absorb LMS
- Build online assessments and evaluations in LMS for courses.
- Identify opportunities for process and system improvements, including data integrity.
- Track compliance training and measure performance and compliance to plan.
We require an individual who has:
- Post-secondary education in Adult Education, Instructional Design, Psychology, Human Resources or other relevant area.
- Solid knowledge of adult learning theory and application, e-learning design, development and delivery.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as LMS administrator or similar position. Knowledge of Absorb LMS an asset.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience writing and designing interactive training content.
- Proven experience using Captivate e-learning authoring tool.
- Coursework and / or certifications relating to learning management system administration and / or online course development an asset.
- Technical skills including troubleshooting, and understanding of systems, directories, and file structures.
- Ability to gain new technical skills quickly
- Ability to collaborate with company stakeholders and vendors
- Proven ability to gather, analyze, and synthesize information to generate fit for purpose solutions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Familiarity with health and safety protocols within the mining industry an asset.
Please note all positions require a current Criminal Record Check and a fit for work medical assessment.
Please apply with your resume and references to email@example.com
Closing Date: September 30, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Khione Resources is a northern human resource company connecting companies and businesses with skilled and qualified workers.
We've made it our mission to accommodate the diverse needs of our clients by providing specialized services. Our employees are carefully selected, and our experienced and connected managers respond to the needs of our clients.
We have a strong commitment to the North and it shows in our work force, which comprises 80% northern and northern aboriginal people.