Are you looking for a better work life balance? Maybe you’re looking for a change in career and the ability to try new things?
We are recruiting for a Janitor at the Gahcho Kue Mine Site!
Under the supervision and direction of the Head Housekeeper the Janitor is responsible for the cleaning, stocking and maintaining of the designated facility and assisting the other housekeeping and janitorial staff in other areas should the need arise. This is a Full-Time position on a 4x4rotation.
- point of pickup is within the Northwest Territories
- due to the Covid-19 epidemic all employees will be required to work 4 weeks in, 4 weeks out (4x4) until further notice
- rotational schedule is subject to change
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- Minimum one (1) year related experience within the housekeeping or janitorial field or related industry
- current WHMIS and First Aid Certification
- familiar with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- ability to work both independently as well as within a team
- ability to work with and follow checklists
- proven punctuality and pleasant demeanor
- ability to work 12 hour shifts
- understanding of the proper use of all cleaning chemicals and equipment and the safety precautions necessary while using these products and equipment
Full-Time Employees are eligible for medical benefits and RSP Matching!
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Bouwa Whee delivers great food, housekeeping and accommodation management services under some of the world’s most challenging conditions. Because we are the North – 100 percent aboriginal owned and headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories – we know what northerners want and how to deliver it. That’s why we’re the contractor of choice at Diavik, Gahcho Kué and Snap Lake, three of Canada’s premier mines.
For a list of all available Bouwa Whee Catering positions please click on the attached link: https://detoncho.bamboohr.com/jobs/