We are recruiting for a Full-Time Janitor at the Diavik Mine site!
- Full Medical benefits
- RSP matching
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- 2x2 rotation
Serving the Yellowknives Dene First Nation, Bouwa Whee Catering is a division of the Det’on Cho Hospitality Group, a 100% indigenous owned organization, providing top-tier, professional camp catering services to Canada’s northern mines. We promote a positive work-place culture focused on growth, teamwork and inclusivity.
Under the supervision and direction of the Head Housekeeper the Janitor is responsible for the cleaning, stocking and maintaining of the designated facility and assisting the other housekeeping and janitorial staff in other areas should the need arise. The Janitor is a Full-Time position. Nightshift may be required.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
The Janitor is responsible for cleaning and maintaining any of the following, as assigned by the Head Housekeeper:
Main Accommodations Complex
Diavik Operations Centre
Process and Recovery Buildings
This includes, but is not limited to, the washrooms, lounges, lunchrooms and offices in these areas
- Assist Head Housekeeper in preparing weekly orders for cleaning supplies.
- Provide Head Housekeeper with any information regarding incidents and/or efficiency of the day’s or night’s operation, so that there will be no change in service between shifts due to lack of communication.
- Assist in preparing an accurate and complete monthly inventory of all supplies and products in your area of operation.
- Attend and be an active participant in daily Housekeeping/Janitorial Toolbox and PASS meeting.
- Ensure that equipment is clean and in good working order. Should there be any issues with equipment, address them with the Head Housekeeper before starting your shift and arrange for repair if necessary
- Be ready willing and able to full fill all reasonable related duties and or requests of the Head Housekeeper and/or the Camp Manager.
- Minimum one (1) year related experience within the housekeeping or janitorial field or related industry
- current WHMIS and First Aid Certification
- familiar with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- ability to work both independently as well as within a team
- ability to work with and follow checklists
- proven punctuality and pleasant demeanor
- ability to work 12 hour shifts
- understanding of the proper use of all cleaning chemicals and equipment and the safety precautions necessary while using these products and equipment
- proof of covid 19 immunizations is required
- pick up point for this position is limited to the Northwest Territories and Edmonton, AB
- please include your WHMIS, First Aid or any safety certification when submitting your resume
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Bouwa Whee delivers great food, housekeeping and accommodation management services under some of the world’s most challenging conditions. Because we are the North – 100 percent aboriginal owned and headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories – we know what northerners want and how to deliver it. That’s why we’re the contractor of choice at Diavik and Gahcho Kue, two of Canada’s premier mines.