Janitor Diavik - $50,501- $61,501/year
- Full Medical benefits
- 5% RSP matching
Serving the Yellowknives Dene First Nation, Bouwa Whee Catering is a division of the Det’on Cho Hospitality Group, a 100% indigenous owned organization, providing top-tier, professional camp catering services to Canada’s northern mines. We promote a positive work-place culture focused on growth, teamwork and inclusivity and are seeking a Janitor for our Diavik Mine site.
Under the supervision and direction of the Head Housekeeper the Janitor is responsible for the cleaning, stocking and maintaining of the designated facility and assisting the other housekeeping and janitorial staff in other areas should the need arise. This is a Full-Time position on a 3x3 rotation. Nightshift may be required.
Our ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- current WHMIS
- familiar with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- ability to work both independently as well as within a team
- ability to work with and follow checklists
- proven punctuality and pleasant demeanor
- ability to work 12 hour shifts
- understanding of the proper use of all cleaning chemicals and equipment and the safety precautions necessary while using these products and equipment
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- assisting co-workers when needed
- cleaning and sanitizing floors, washrooms, etc..
- ensuring the general maintenance and cleanliness of the site
- Adhering to Territorial and Federal sanitation practices
- Practice sanitation and safety daily and throughout the shift
- attending all scheduled training sessions and safety meetings
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
For a list of all available Bouwa Whee Catering positions please click on the following link: https://detoncho.bamboohr.com/jobs/