Janitorial Staff are expected to work as part of the NWT Resource Centre’s Community Services and Maintenance Team to provide janitorial services and some light maintenance duties to effectively fulfill its mission in the community.
This is a casual unionized position.
• Light Handyman repairs & maintenance
• Clean front entrance floors, doors and windows throughout the building
• Clean all washrooms.
• Sweep and mop floors
• Vacuum throughout the building
• Sweep and mop hallways and everywhere as needed
• Sweep and mop front and rear building stairwells
• Ensures proper paper products and cleaning supplies are supplied to washrooms and kitchen
• Follow set, schedule route for daily deliveries
• Load and organize product inventory
• Serve and/or monitor shelter lunch typically between 12:30 and 1:00 pm
• Post serving clean kitchen floors, wash dishes, wipe down tables and chairs, clean steam trays and change steam tray water
• Knowledge of cleaning and janitorial skills
• Class 5 Driver’s License is a requirement
• Clean driver’s abstract
• Food safety
• Understanding of: ABORIGINAL and Inuit cultures: ADDICTIONS: MENTAL health and other social issues.
• Effective communication in English both written and oral.
• Experience in performing maintenance and light repairs
• Acceptable criminal record check
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda Territory has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.