Who We Are:
Like our country, ATCO Frontec is built on a Frontier Spirit of being agile, robust, ready to go to the most challenging places and push the boundaries. Do YOU have the Frontier Spirit? If the answer is yes, you should probably work with us.
ATCO Frontec is a market leader providing facilities management, camp services, workforce lodging solutions, operational support services and disaster and emergency management for a diverse range of clients, allowing them to focus on their core business.
We are a service organization, based on good people who get the job done in some of the most challenging places in the world. Our team is constantly pursuing excellence as a standard. We provide the training and supervision required to deliver the best customer service to our clients, and to ensure the highest safety standards.
We value diversity and we’re committed to an inclusive, fair and respectful workplace, striving to create a work environment that allows for every employee to reach their full potential.
ATCO Frontec is part of ATCO Ltd. With approximately 6,500 employees and assets of $22 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation with investments in the essential services of Structures & Logistics (workforce and residential housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, workforce lodging services, facility operations and maintenance, defence operations services, and disaster and emergency management services); Utilities (electricity and natural gas transmission and distribution, and international electricity operations); Energy Infrastructure (electricity generation, energy storage, and industrial water solutions); Retail Energy (electricity and natural gas retail sales); Transportation (ports and transportation logistics); and Commercial Real Estate. More information can be found at www.ATCO.com.
ATCO Frontec is seeking a Journeyman HVAC Technician to join our team in Yellowknife, NT. The Journeyman HVAC Technician is responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance, inspections, modifications, installation and dismantling of systems. Work may also include projects within the trade to install, maintain, repair and overhaul central air conditioning systems, commercial and industrial refrigeration systems and combined heating, ventilation and cooling systems.
Where We Work and Live:
ATCO Frontec provides preventative and corrective maintenance services for our customers throughout Yellowknife and the surrounding areas. Our maintenance teams are mobile, and travel will be required in this position.
- Completes timely inspections, testing and accurate reporting of equipment defects/deficiencies;
- Performs scheduled maintenance service on HVAC and Refrigeration systems and fixtures;
- Provides input into the planned and scheduled work and assist with the completion of the committed schedule;
- Assists with the scoping, estimating, planning and execution of new work or projects;
- Ensures all requirements as specified by the manufacturer of systems and fixtures are met;
- Ensures all installations, repairs and maintenance meet the requirements of the appropriate codes;
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet environmental protection requirements;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Journeyman Certified HVAC Refrigeration Mechanic (Red Seal) with a minimum of 5 years of experience;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent ability to read drawings and schematics;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment;
- Strong commitment to personal and team safety.
- Class 5 license and clean drivers abstract is required
- Willing and able to travel
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
This position has been identified as safety sensitive and will require completion of a pre-employment alcohol & drug test.
Collection, use, and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.