Who We Are:
Like our country, ATCO Frontec is built on a Frontier Spirit of being agile, robust, ready to go to the most challenging places and push the boundaries. Do YOU have the Frontier Spirit? If the answer is yes, you should probably work with us.
ATCO Frontec is a market leader providing facilities management, camp services, workforce lodging solutions, operational support services and disaster and emergency management for a diverse range of clients, allowing them to focus on their core business.
We are a service organization, based on good people who get the job done in some of the most challenging places in the world. Our team is constantly pursuing excellence as a standard. We provide the training and supervision required to deliver the best customer service to our clients, and to ensure the highest safety standards.
We value diversity and we’re committed to an inclusive, fair and respectful workplace, striving to create a work environment that allows for every employee to reach their full potential.
ATCO Frontec is part of ATCO Ltd. With approximately 6,500 employees and assets of $22 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation with investments in the essential services of Structures & Logistics (workforce and residential housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, workforce lodging services, facility operations and maintenance, defence operations services, and disaster and emergency management services); Utilities (electricity and natural gas transmission and distribution, and international electricity operations); Energy Infrastructure (electricity generation, energy storage, and industrial water solutions); Retail Energy (electricity and natural gas retail sales); Transportation (ports and transportation logistics); and Commercial Real Estate. More information can be found at www.ATCO.com.
ATCO Frontec is seeking a Journeyman Plumber/Gasfitter to join our team in Yellowknife, NT. The Journeyman Plumber/Gasfitter is responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance, inspections, modifications, and installation/dismantling of plumbing systems.
Where We Work and Live:
ATCO Frontec provides preventative and corrective maintenance services for our customers throughout Yellowknife and the surrounding areas. Our maintenance teams are mobile, and travel will be required in this position.
- Complete timely inspections, testing and accurate reporting of equipment defects / deficiencies
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on plumbing systems and fixtures
- Provide input for the planned and scheduled work and assist with the completion of the committed schedule
- Assist with the scoping, estimating, planning and execution of new work or projects
- Ensure all requirements as specified by the manufacturer of systems and fixtures are met
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and graded
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet the requirements of the appropriate codes, as well as environmental protection requirements.
- Journeyman Certified Plumber (Red Seal) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience is required
- Class B Gas Fitter License is required
- Holding a valid Oil Burner Mechanic certification could be considered equivalent
- Class 5 license and clean drivers abstract is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to read drawings and blueprints
- Ability to build and work in a team environment is crucial along with a strong commitment to personal and team safety
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
This position has been identified as safety sensitive and will require completion of a pre-employment alcohol & drug test.
Collection, use, and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.