Paul Bros Nextreme Inc. is currently looking to hire Journeyman Carpenters with strong industrial and residential construction backgrounds to work in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Hours are based on a minimum 40 hours per week with possible overtime as our work week is Monday to Saturday 8am to 6pm in Yellowknife. Subsidized Staff Accommodation is available with an opportunity for health benefits after completion of 3 months’ probation. Wage is dependent upon experience and certifications.
Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware. Install standing seam roof and tin siding. Use measuring tools/power tools. Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements. Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials. Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems.
Skills/Qualifications Considered an Asset:
- Supervise other workers; Instruct apprentices
- Confined spaces; At heights; Noisy; Dusty
- Own transportation
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Tight deadlines
- Accurate; Team player; Values and ethics; Reliability
- Follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows and molding
- Measure, cut, or shape wood, plastic, and other materials
- Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and doorframes
- Help erect, level, and install building framework with the aid of rigging hardware and cranes
- Metal Siding/Roofing
- Carpentry in Industrial and Commercial and Residential
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures
- Instruct and direct laborers and other construction helpers
- Journeyman Carpenter (required)
- Class 5 Drivers License (required)
- Fall Protection (asset)
- Aerial Work Platform (asset)
Paul Bros NEXTreme Inc. known throughout the NWT as Paul Bros Welding, has a long history in Northern Canada, completing many custom manufacturing & construction projects.
From one stream to the NEXTreme, we can serve you with all your custom manufacturing & machining needs