Paul Bros Nextreme Inc. is currently looking to hire a Journeyman/woman Welder with experience in a fabrication shop. Candidates must possess a strong attention to detail.
The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude with a strong work ethic, get along well with others in a team environment, but also comfortable working under minimal supervision and is willing to be flexible with last minute or emergency client requests.
Hours are based on a minimum of 40 hours a week, with possible opportunities for overtime as needed.
Candidates willing to relocate to Yellowknife or living here already will be considered first priority. We can also offer a room in one of our subsidized Staff House Accommodations in Yellowknife, which is located next to our Manufacturing Facility. Candidates who successfully complete their 3 months’ probation will also be eligible for the company’s health/dental benefits.
Wage is dependent upon experience, certifications and is competitive.
Certifications (the following certifications are considered an asset):
- Journeyman Welder (required)
- Driver’s License (required)
- CWB Certification (asset)
- B-Pressure Certification (asset)
- Aerial Work Platform (asset)
- Confined Spaces (asset)
- Fall Protection (asset)
- Read and interpret blueprints/drawings to correctly fabricate and assemble products from start to finish
- Accurately & timely record time and material on every job
- Follow work orders accurately to interpret job instructions
- Familiar with shop fabricating equipment such as brakes, shears, bandsaws, ironworkers, drill presses and plasma cutters
- Able to work in fast paced environment
- Inspects work in progress and finished products
- Safety Orientated
- Punctual and on time
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work with hands, lift heavy objects and stand on your feet for long periods of time often doing repetitive motions
- Strong focus on housekeeping in the shop, in the field and any other work areas.
- Cleaning work areas/ maintenance on equipment as required.
- Safe use and operation of Gouging, welding using SMAW/FCAW/GMAW/TIG processes, plasma cutters, oxy/acetylene cutting equipment, Ironworkers, bandsaws, automated cutting equipment, machining equipment, presses, threading equipment, drill presses and other associated fabrication and construction equipment as required.
- Welding, cutting, grinding, measuring, layout, fabrication
- Performs high quality work at all times with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Capable of successfully completing all skill tests required to demonstrate quality welding and fabrications skills as requested by the operation.
- The diagnosis and troubleshooting of equipment problems; identifying and replacing failed components, worn or broken parts, making all necessary adjustments and alignments as well as performing quality repairs.
- TIG Welding Experience considered an asset
Paul Bros NEXTreme Inc. looks forward to your application. Please e-mail cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org This job position will remain open until filled. We will only contact successful candidates via e-mail and/or phone. All other resumes will be kept on file for 3 months. Please do not fax your resume.
A local company with a global ambition, Paul Bros was established in 1978 and is the North’s steel specialty company. We were the second business by the Paul family with the first one being Back Bay Welding in the early 1970’s. Welding is in our roots and carried forward in the Paul family name. As the premier manufacturing facility in the North, Paul Bros provides a number of services and products.
All of our directors are Aboriginal and were born and raised in the Northwest Territories from all three recognized aboriginal groups: Dené, Métis, and Inuvialuit. We are CWB and COR certified. With our diverse team of welders, ironworkers, millwrights, pipefitters, machinists, mechanics, carpenters, industrial painters, plumbers, welding inspectors, and engineers; we are a regional leader and deliver unrivaled quality and optimum value.
We have a 12000 sq. feet shop space with vacant properties, heavy equipment, and mobile operations. We also have our own dedicated machine shop with Computerized (CNC) lathes, mills, plasma cutters, roller, brake, and saw.
Our team receives regular training to make sure they stay updated with the latest equipment and standards.