Nuna Logistics is looking for a Junior Engineer- Summer Student to join our Snap Lake Mine Closure project from June – September 2022 to work closely with personnel to plan, schedule, and deliver projects safely, on time, and on budget. This includes ensuring that established company goals are realized within quality standards and making sure that good construction safety practices occur on all site activities.
The Junior Engineer will maintain a professional corporate image as the company’s contact person with clients and various government agencies. He/she will work closely with the Project Manager, Superintendent, and Foreman to coordinate projects to the satisfaction of the client that is consistent with the cost, schedule, and contractual requirements.
This will be a site-based position, working on a 3 week on, 3 week off rotation in a camp setting. Flights will be arranged from the closest commercial airport up to the project site.
- Assist with project reporting, data, travel coordination and time entry;
- Assist in obtaining vendor and supplier quotes;
- Ensure subcontractor and supplier conformance to contract requirements;
- Ensure maintenance of total quality performance standards, procedures, and audit controls in order to meet business requirements;
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of site operations;
- Assist with QA/QC tracking and record keeping and reporting;
- Track and record changes (change management process);
- Ensure that client’s concerns are immediately addressed or brought to the attention of senior management;
- Achieve planned production and cost targets;
- Accurately reports business results and key issues on a timely basis.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Experience with heavy civil construction projects
- Demonstrate strong planning, knowledge, and skills
- Understanding of coding and cost control functions
- Perform engineering research and calculations
- Provide constructability input and analysis of data
- Background / knowledge with working around heavy earthworks machinery
- Provides accurate and timely reports / information
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Applies company policies and procedures in a consistent and conscientious manner
- Self-motivated, detail orientated, exceptional organizational skills and extremely accurate
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
WORK EXPERIENCE & Education
- Minimum one year of experience in a related position.
- Post-secondary education from a recognized post-secondary facility. Preferably with a focus in Civil or Mining Engineering.