Headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, and with a satellite teleport and network operations centre in Ottawa, SSi designs, builds, and operates telecommunications networks in Canada’s North and around the world. Over the past 30 years, SSi has become a leader in delivering advanced satellite, broadband, and wireless solutions to remote and outlying areas.
Our Solutions group is looking for an experienced and personable Key Accounts Manager who enjoys networking and cultivating relationships with a wide variety of external business contacts in various industries. Though preference will be given to a Yellowknife resident, we are also open to hiring this position out of Kanata, provided the candidate is willing to travel to Yellowknife for a period of onboarding.
If you are passionate about innovation, willing to dive in and learn new things, and committed to customer satisfaction, you should definitely apply to this fantastic opportunity!
Traditional account management
- Liaise between internal departments and enterprise / government customers
- Dedicated point of contact for key customers
- Responsible for all stages of the prospect-to-customer pipeline
- Identification of targeted sales activities
- Proposal drafting and engagement with the marketing team
- Working with the Solutions group to design and price new services
- Travel as required throughout Canada with possible international travel
Central Payment Centre (CPC) management and billing
- Manage billing for custom and corporate accounts; perform billing tasks currently performed by either the Services group or the CPC
- Become proficient in understanding SSi’s portal and billing systems to understand the options and limitations of what can be offered
Other duties that interest you, we have no shortage of growth opportunities!
You're a Natural Fit, Because You Have:
- People-person skills with the ability to empathize, level, and see things from someone else’s perspective; a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Great business acumen and the natural ability to be a tactful communicator; ability to read the room
- A love for building customer relationships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel & Word
- Experience taking ownership of major accounts an asset
- Excellent written communication skills; your work will not require proofreading for style, spelling, or grammar!
- Excellent oral communication skills; both listening and speaking
- Flexibility in scheduling and willingness to travel
Why Join SSi?
SSi is a close-knit family of passionate and diverse people who excel at solving complex, real world problems. Our corporate culture and high quality of work-life balance are important to us. When you meet our people and see where we work, you’ll understand what we mean.
Our corporate focus is stated simply: “People, Ideas, Technology.” People who are enabled to do what they love and encouraged to think outside the box will deliver the best ideas. We know that real excitement begins at the end of the comfort zone. We use cutting edge technology as the fuel to drive our learning, to innovate and deliver something meaningful. We apply what we create to help make a difference in some of the most challenging regions of the world.
Besides fostering a great team and a positive work environment, we believe wholeheartedly in open communication, internally and with our customers and partners. We tell it like it is, good or bad. We celebrate our successes and take ownership of our mistakes. We love to see a great idea come to life, just as we enjoy the debates leading up to it. If you want to enjoy coming to work every day, come work at SSi!