We are looking for a Kitchen Assistant with prior experience of preparing food for our Bistro located at 5010 50th St, Yellowknife, NT X1A 1R7. If you have had experience in a restaurant, pub, or just a busy kitchen, you could be our ideal candidate!
- Follow proper food handling, sanitation and safety procedures.
- Wash, peel, dice ingredients, vegetables, and other food items required by cook.
- Prepare and finish simple food items.
- Prepare semi-finished foods required by cook including defrosting, curing, frying, etc.
- Ensure and optimize quality standards in the use of food.
- Receive and store foods in proper storage equipment/areas according to food safety standards.
- Clean serving, cooking, and dining areas including scouring surfaces, sweeping, and mopping floors, etc. Ensure the bistro is kept clean according to established cleaning standards.
- Collect, wash, clean, dry, stack and store strays, dishes, utensils, pots, pans, bowls, and cooking equipment by hand or machine.
- Make sure the necessary tools, cutlery, and appliances are in good working order.
- Keep records of the quantities of food used. Check the inventory levels and report to the Manager.
- Collect dirt and debris after regular interval of time, and empty the dustbin at the end of the shift.
- Lift heavy loads of foodstuffs as required.
- Participate in the serving of meals and welcoming guests when required.
- High school diploma
- Past experience as a kitchen helper; at least 6 months of relevant experience will be considered an important asset
- Ability to communicate efficiently
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a high temperature working environment
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Willingness to work during weekends, and public holidays.