We are currently looking for a dedicated part-time dishwasher to join our restaurant.
This is a very important role in our talented back of house team that requires a lot of hard work and attention to detail. We need someone that is reliable, has a good attitude, and is a team player. Opportunities for advancement may be available.
We currently pay $23/hour, offer staff discounts on food, beer and merchandise, staff events, health benefits for full-time, as well as an annual completion bonus of $1000.
Compensation: - Hourly pay of $23/hour based on experience. - Vacation pay at a rate of 4% payable on each pay cheque. - $1000 bonus based on the successful completion of your 1-year commitment. - 10% off NWT keg and growler purchases / 10% off bottle and can purchases - 20% staff discount on merchandise - 20% discount of food and beverage at The Woodyard Brewhouse & Eatery outside of your work hours. - Shift meals are complimentary up to $20/meal. - Health Benefits
- Ensuring the cleanliness of every dish, pot, pan, piece of silverware, and glass that goes to the kitchen and our guests.
- Ensuring the dish machine is operating at correct temperatures in all cycles.
- Ensuring that the proper detergents (and levels of detergents) are being used in the dish machine and pot washing sinks.
- Ensuring that the proper sanitizers are being used when cleaning walls, countertops, and floors.
- Abiding by the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) that outline hazardous chemical use.
- Maintaining an inventory of all dishes, pots, pans, silverware, glassware, and kitchen utensils, which enables us to control loss and waste.
- Maintaining a waste management program in the dish area: controlling unnecessary disposal of knives, forks, spoons, ramekins, dishes, bowls, and glasses.
- Maintaining safe, clean, and organized walk ways in the kitchen.
- Assisting kitchen with prep work during off peak hours.
- You are to ensure that the dish area, kitchen floor, employee restrooms, employee break area, and storage areas are spotlessly cleaned at all times.
- You are responsible for the back dock and dumpster areas. You must maintain these areas so that they are free from debris at all times, to prevent the unsanitary habitation of rodents.
- You are a total team player that provides services that link all departments together, while ensuring 100% guest satisfaction.
- A good Dishwasher must be able to perform his or her job duties thoroughly, to support the whole staff; and, must be fast, to keep up with our volume of business.
- Much of a Dishwasher’s job is involved with maintaining standards of cleanliness in the store. A good Dishwasher must be aware of our standards and must be able to work quickly and maintain them.