The Ptarmigan Inn Hotel is seeking motivated and reliable staff to join our culinary team! If you are an experienced cook interested in working in a fast-paced hotel setting, then apply now!
The cook is responsible for the preparation, cooking and plating of various a la carte menu items. Some banquet prep work will also be required. This position requires a great deal of attention to detail and to be able to remain calm under pressure. Being organized and clean are very important to the success of any cook.
- Being able to work any station on the line and in banquets
- Prepare a variety of items i.e. soups, sauces, salad dressings etc. by using recipes and the proper techniques
- Ensure high quality products are produced in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a professional and team player attitude at all times
- Communicate effectively with all team members
- Comply with all company policies and procedures as outlined
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness of self and work station at all times
- Treat all company property with care and respect
- Work at speed and in an efficient manner with or without supervision
- Operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner
- Strive to provide exceptional guest service 100% of the time
- Minimum 1 year related experience
- Must have valid Food Safe Certification
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible availability for shift work
- Must be fully available to work weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays
- Must be able to lift 25lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to work a full shift standing
Please note: Only candidates who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. At this time this position is limited to Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents, no international candidates will be contacted.
Please quote job reference: Cook-2021