Do you love tourism, hospitality and have a passion for the environment and living in off grid environments? If so, we are looking for you to join our team as our seasonal Lodge Manager!
December 10-April 22 2023
About the Lodge
Welcome to Blachford Lake Lodge, your home away from home in the serene, Canadian north. Blachford Lake Lodge is located in the rugged wilderness of Northern Canada, in superb Aurora-watching country. Perched on a rock knoll overlooking Blachford Lake, it is a half-hour bush-plane from the city of Yellowknife, the capital of Canada’s Northwest Territories.
Our lodge is the only fly-in wilderness resort on Blachford Lake, which is a remote 17 kilometre (12 mile) lake. The lodge is a 25-minute bush plane flight from Yellowknife, the capital of the Northwest Territories and is located north of the East Arm of Great Slave Lake. Yellowknife is easily accessible with daily flight service from most major U.S. and Canadian cities, and same-day connections through Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta. Currently, regulations mandate you must quarantine for 14 full days in Yellowknife prior to heading out to the lodge.
Many miles from roads, or national suppliers of electricity and water, our lodge nonetheless provides many of the benefits of a luxury hotel, with the priceless addition of a pristine wilderness environment, unpolluted by artificial light or noise, the perfect setting for watching the Aurora Borealis (also known as the Northern Lights).
The lodge has been in operation since 1981, and we pride ourselves on providing our guests (local, domestic and international) with a safe, all inclusive and wilderness experience with world class hospitality.
About This Position
The Lodge Manager reports directly to the General Manager, working closely with the office team in Yellowknife to ensure guest services are provided at the highest quality, staff and volunteers are trained and scheduled, and the lodge is running smoothly in all day to day operations.
This position oversees (and often has a direct role in):
- Scheduling and training of various staff and volunteers
- HR for day to day operations of on site staff and volunteers
- Delivery of daily programming to guests
- Shifting of programming with seasonal needs
- Bar operations and stocking (ensuring all NWT Liquor Regulations are followed)
- Site internet management
- Ordering of merchandise and various supplies with the expediting team in Yellowknife
- Overseeing and coordination of guest services
- Overseeing and coordination of housekeeping
- Overseeing and working closely with the Systems Manager on any construction or on site capital projects
- Emergency situation management
- Site communications
- Timesheet tracking and submissions
- Overall site operations, vibe and communications
There are always tasks that fall outside your job description, you love tackling every day like it's a new adventure, and thrive in fast paced environments!
- 5 years in a senior lodge/or off grid hospitality management role
- Experience working/living off grid considered an asset
- Experience working/living in a sub-arctic environment
- Hospitality & Tourism Management Certification considered an asset
Necessary Certifications/Paperwork Required
- Wilderness First Aid
- Recent Criminal Record Check
Daily wage, based on experience. Accommodation and meals are provided on site.
How to Apply
Please send the following documents to: email@example.com
- Detailed Cover Letter as to why you are the best candidate for the job
- Copy of Wilderness First Aid and Criminal Record Check
We thank all candidates for applying, however will only be contacting those selected for an interview.