At DMS our Logistic Coordinators are our main contacts to each Client they are assigned. They provide all organizing of supplies, services, logistics, resupplies, transportation to the projects. Will direct Runners / Drivers assisting them in these duties as need within the DMS group. Like all other DMS employees the will assist is down times with other tasks and the general maintaining of items from the DMS Camp Operation.
A DMS Logistics Coordinator must be able:
- To follow all DMS Safety & Environmental Policies and Directives.
- To wear all required PPE required by DMS and Clients.
- To work in a team environment.
- To effectively communicate with Clients to ensure their requirements are met.
- To work with minimum supervision.
- To stay organized when doing multiple tasks and meeting required timelines / deadlines.
- To organize the logistics, passenger movements, and assist in the loading and offloading of aircrafts, truck, and boats for Clients.
- To make purchases, arrange deliveries / pick-ups, and organize contractors of the Clients to ensure items and people are where they need to be for transport or local Client’s needs.
- To correctly process & handle the dispersal of returning items from Clients projects.
- To prepare hazardous material (dangerous goods) to meet regulatory requirements for shipping.
- To do basic functions in email, word processing, and spreadsheets programs.
- To work outside normal hours and some weekends as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be in possession at all times a valid class 5 license and be able to operate vehicles in this class up to an F-350 or equivalent.
- This position is based in Yellowknife.
- Preferred to have a minimum 1 year logistics / expediting / transportation experience.
Deadline to Apply: April 11, 2022