We are looking for a maintenance carpenter to join our Yellowknife Housing Authority team. The successful candidate will work with our team to maintain our public housing inventory in Yellowknife.
Must be able to work alone and with team members effectively to inspect, repair and maintain multiple public housing units in Yellowknife, including:
- Carpentry repairs.
- Property maintenance inside and out.
- After-hours emergency repairs.
- Manual labour in all kinds of weather.
- Working in occupied and unoccupied units.
- Keeping a tidy work area.
- Computerized work order system.
- Communicating effectively with team members.
- Supervising and mentoring apprentice carpenters.
- Red seal or NWT Journeyperson carpentry ticket.
- Valid NWT driver's license.
- Clean driver's abstract.
- Clean criminal records check.
- Knowledge of all building systems would be considered an asset.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a pension, in a unionized environment. The starting wage is $46.06 per hour. Closing February 28, 2023