Maintenance Labourer Gahcho Kue - $59,000 - $69,000/year
- Full Medical benefits
- 3.5% RSP matching
Serving the Yellowknives Dene First Nation, Bouwa Whee Catering is a division of the Det’on Cho Hospitality Group, a 100% indigenous owned organization, providing top-tier, professional camp catering services to Canada’s northern mines. We promote a positive work-place culture focused on growth, teamwork and inclusivity and are seeking a Maintenance Labourer for our Gahcho Kue Mine site.
The Maintenance Laborer is a key member of the Bouwa Whee Catering team on site. The position reports to the Camp Manager, and is instrumental in ensuring that the high standards of safety and quality expected by Bouwa Whee Catering is consistently achieved.
Our ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- 1-2 years related experience in a maintenance position
- Familiarity with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to follow supervisor’s instructions promptly and completely, while maintaining a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment. Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of the equipment used for cleaning and general maintenance.
- WHIMIS and Standard First Aid Certificates.
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- Completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintaining daily upkeep of assigned areas and equipment with minimal supervision.
- Performing general building maintenance which may include carpentry projects, changing filters and light bulbs, clearing plumbing clogs, repairing faucets etc.
- Recording all required repairs and reporting all repairs completed to the Camp Manager on a daily basis.
- Ensuring all site buildings and property are secure during shift and reporting incidents and/or hazardous conditions to the Camp Manager.
- Operating motorized equipment used for cleaning and general maintenance.
- Move up to 50 pounds of project materials and/or tools to remote building locations up to 200 feet away.
- Work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Working in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Repetitive movements; semi-reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
For a list of all available Bouwa Whee Catering positions please click on the following link: https://detoncho.bamboohr.com/jobs/