Who We Are:
Like our country, ATCO Frontec is built on a Frontier Spirit of being agile, robust, ready to go to the most challenging places and push the boundaries. Do YOU have the Frontier Spirit? If the answer is yes, you should probably work with us.
ATCO Frontec is a market leader providing facilities management, camp services, workforce lodging solutions, operational support services and disaster and emergency management for a diverse range of clients, allowing them to focus on their core business.
We are a service organization, based on good people who get the job done in some of the most challenging places in the world. Our team is constantly pursuing excellence as a standard. We provide the training and supervision required to deliver the best customer service to our clients, and to ensure the highest safety standards.
We value diversity and we’re committed to an inclusive, fair and respectful workplace, striving to create a work environment that allows for every employee to reach their full potential.
ATCO Frontec is part of ATCO Ltd. With approximately 6,500 employees and assets of $22 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation with investments in the essential services of Structures & Logistics (workforce and residential housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, workforce lodging services, facility operations and maintenance, defence operations services, and disaster and emergency management services); Utilities (electricity and natural gas transmission and distribution, and international electricity operations); Energy Infrastructure (electricity generation, energy storage, and industrial water solutions); Retail Energy (electricity and natural gas retail sales); Transportation (ports and transportation logistics); and Commercial Real Estate. More information can be found at www.ATCO.com.
ATCO Frontec is seeking a Site Manager for a potential opportunity in Cambridge Bay, NU. The Site Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of Facilities Management services for a client in Cambridge Bay, Nunavut. This role will involve the planning, scheduling, coordination, supervision and delivery of all project work on a day-to-day basis.
This job posting is being advertised in advance of award of contract. Employment is contingent upon ATCO Frontec being awarded the work.
- Management and direction of facilities Operations and Maintenance services, including preventive maintenance, mandated maintenance, routine inspections and servicing, warranty-related services, etc.
- Development and maintenance of project management processes, ensuring that all infrastructure and equipment are maintained in accordance with applicable regulations, project requirements and good industry practices;
- Development and implementation of schedules for safety inspection and preventive maintenance programs;
- Management of inspection and maintenance activities through a project specific preventive maintenance plan;
- Tracking all inspection and maintenance activities in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS);
- Management of the delivery of soft services including grounds upkeep and landscaping, snow and ice control, janitorial and hoteling, security services, etc.
- Oversight of Additional Work (minor repair and construction) Requirement projects including implementation and project delivery;
- Execution of subcontracts for the provisions of services and supplies;
- Provision of leadership and direction to staff in the implementation of project work;
- Implementation and championing of Occupational Health and Safety, Quality Management, Environmental and Risk Management programs;
- Management of project reporting ensuring on-time submission of all deliverables
- The successful candidate must be able to hold a Canadian Government Security Clearance
- The successful candidate should hold a University degree in Engineering from a recognized accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Facilities Maintenance Field
- The successful candidate must have one or more of the following Professional Designations:
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM) in good standing with International Facility Management Association (IFMA);
- Facilities Management Certificate (FMC) from the Building Owner Manager’s Institute (BOMI);
- Property Management Financial Proficiency Certificate (PMFJP) from BOMI; and/or
- Facility Management Professional (FMP) certification from IFMA.
- Exceptional Project Management skills
- A sound knowledge of and appreciation for HS&E and QA best practices
- Excellent Risk Assessment and Risk Management ability
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organization, and time management skills
- Demonstrable experience managing projects for government clients an asset
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
This position has been identified as safety sensitive and will require completion of a pre-employment alcohol & drug test.
Collection, use, and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.