e are looking for our next superstar! Do you have what it takes to join our team of professionals and take on the challenging and exciting role of Maintenance Technician at our full-service hotel in Yellowknife, NWT?
Find your adventure in Yellowknife, and your “welcome home” at The Explorer Hotel. This is your place to watch the aurora, mush your sledding dogs, fish our crystal rivers and kayak with the flow. In the North the bond with friends, family and colleagues becomes strong, and your connection with nature becomes intimate. Come meet your adventures by joining the team at The Explorer Hotel.
We are more than a hotel, we are members of a proud Northern community, where all the modern comforts of the city exist side-by-side with traditional ways of life.
- Operate the building’s automated mechanical systems.
- Diagnose minor repairs of HVAC, emergency, electrical and waste management systems.
- Minor equipment repairs of faucets, pipe lines, toilets, sinks, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, lighting, small appliances, kitchen equipment, and hardware accessories.
- Maintenance provides not only hands on involvement but also technical support and guidance with regards to safety, environmental, quality assurance and maintenance to ensure the efficient operation of our building.
- Monitoring of subcontractors while on site, ensuring terms of contracts are met in accordance with company policies and contract provisions.
- Maintain positive contractor relationships while overseeing contracted services such as cleaning, security, HVAC, etc.
- Respond to guest service requests within standards established for safety, comfort, cleanliness, responsiveness, follow up and communication.
- Professional, prompt and courteous service and correspondence with guests when scheduling and providing maintenance services, and with contracted vendors that provide additional facility services.
- Attend regular staff meeting.
- Carry out the planned maintenance program for the hotel.
- Perform urgent/emergency maintenance requirements; assist in maintaining a preventative maintenance program for centralized mechanical and life safety systems (e.g. boilers, furnaces, ventilation systems, exit lights, fire panels, etc.).
- Routine inspections and preventative maintenance of non-vital building systems and report on issues as they arise; routinely performs roof maintenance, drain and leak inspections to ensure uninterrupted operation of non-vital building systems; complies with all Health and Safety, Risk Management and environmental policies and procedures as they relate to the property; responsible for log keeping related to building general, as well as life and safety systems; assists with preventative maintenance of site vehicle and other motorized equipment.
- Apply all applicable Policies and Procedures such as, but not limited to, company operating and safety standards.
- Promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, territorial and municipal laws for building codes and environmental laws and regulations.
- Minimum 3-5 years of proven maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of mechanical and plumbing systems.
- Familiarity with all aspects of building operations including HVAC, mechanical, life safety, generators, boilers, fire alarms and sprinkler systems.
- Possess a “handyman” aptitude for building and system repairs.
- Effective time management and communications skills.
- Willingness to be on call in case of emergency.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract.
- Must be able to pass a clear criminal check.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 60 lbs. and climb onto ladders.