Location: Yellowknife, NT
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintaining the physical integrity of the building through general maintenance and upkeep of the assigned properties.
- Cleaning and repairing items in vacant and occupied units (minor plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.).
- Completing physically demanding work which includes the use of ladders, power tools
- Applying knowledge of building HVAC, plumbing, electrical & maintain the operation of mechanical equipment and machinery
- Completing preventive maintenance requirements on equipment
- Keep the maintenance shop in order,
- Report to the maintenance manager
- Performs work in accordance with established processes and practices
- Complies with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection
- Performs regular facility, facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems monitoring and inspection, preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure facility uptime objectives are met, uninterrupted client operation, and asset integrity of assigned facility are maintained.
- Provides observations about facility, facility mechanical and electrical equipment, and systems conditions and deficiencies and provides suggestions for enhancement and repair.
- Monitors assigned facility by conducting facility walkthroughs, mechanical and electrical equipment, and system monitoring and inspection
- Maintains troubleshoots and repairs mechanical and electrical building systems and equipment
- Responds to routine and on-demand service requests and performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems
- Records resolution data within the service maintenance management database. Ensures work completed meets quality, contract response, and all other requirements
- Receives, tracks, monitors, and reports status of maintenance and repair work within the service maintenance management database. Initiates documents to obtain formal approval of work required.
- Assists in the implementation of preventative maintenance (PM) program. Ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated, and that related documentations are maintained.
- Participates in and assists with facility-related projects.
- Ensures the manner in which work is performed is in compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices, and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection, and any other applicable requirements.
- Maintains all assigned tools and arranges for repair and replacement where required
- Assists in enhancing tenant and customer satisfaction and maintaining positive relations through the manner in which work is performed and services delivered.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma and 5 years work related experience.
- Previous experience in residential maintenance or related field.
- Proven relevant mechanical/electrical aptitude and troubleshooting
- General understanding of basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and remain detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to bend, push and pull as well as go up and down stairs.
- PC skills are an asset, e-mail/the web,
- Experience operating skid steer/bobcat
- Be proficient in the use of hand tools and shop equipment.
- Must be computer literate and able to navigate through a BMS system & Card access
- Provide snow removal labour to all buildings doors ways, walkways
- Have basic plumbing and pipe fitting skills.
- Valid Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to provide on-call services on a rotation basis & provide good customer service
- Criminal Record Check