- Come and experience life in one of Canada's northernmost communities and finish each day knowing you have made a difference!
- A competitive salary of $103,662 plus a Northern Allowance of $22,042!
- A challenging and rewarding role for an experienced manager!
About the Organization
The Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC) works to deliver housing solutions that provide an important link to Nunavut communities. The Kugluktuk Housing Association (KHA) is one of 25 Local Housing Organizations (LHO) that deliver subsidized housing in cooperation with the NHC. As such, the LHO Manager has a reporting relationship with the NHC and will be required to work closely with the district offices in carrying out the management function at the LHO.
About the Opportunity
Currently, the Kugluktuk Housing Association has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Housing and Finance Operations to join our team in Kugluktuk, Nunavut.
Reporting to the KHA Board of Directors, this role will see you responsible for the full accounting cycle as well as human resources, maintenance, budgeting, rent collections, and administrative functions of the KHA. Support will be provided to you by the Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC) staff in the areas of Finance, Maintenance, Board relations, and Programs administration.
About the Benefits
The successful incumbent will be rewarded with a competitive salary of $103,662. You will also receive a great range of employee benefits, including:
- A Northern Allowance of $22,042.
- 4 weeks of vacation to start and 1 week of paid leave in lieu.
- Relocation and removals assistance.
- Subsidized housing available (if out of community).
More specifically your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Supervising Administration and Maintenance Staff and keeping proper personnel records.
- Interacting with Tenants and other interest groups on a day to day basis.
- Keeping proper accounting records and reports and liaising with Audit/Consultant staff as well as NHC District office staff monthly and preparing annual budgets with established restraints.
- Ensuring KHA property and structures are maintained at an optimum level.
- Providing guidance to the Board of Directors on matters such as NHC housing programs, policies, financial matters, public housing allocations and acting as Secretary to the Board during all meetings.
To qualify for this role, you will have:
- Financial management skills.
- Property management and/or housing maintenance experience.
- Supervisory/management experience.
- Computer training and experience.
- A valid class 5 driver's license.
- The ability to speak Inuinnaqtun is considered to be an asset.
To be selected for an interview, you should have a minimum of post-secondary education in, Business Administration and/or Accounting with 5 years of management experience, full cycle accounting and property management, including budgeting, accounts receivable and payable, payroll, cost control and interpretation of financial reports and statements. You should be motivated and be able to work with little or no supervision, some travel is required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong problem-solving and time management skills. The ability to coordinate many activities simultaneously and to track the progress of all of the activities is crucial.
Finally, you must be self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually. Please note this is a non-unionized position. A Criminal Record Check will be required.