You will provide technical expertise and leadership to your direct reports as well as tactical convergence strategy to the Network and IT teams. You will support new technology and process innovation, daily operations, and facilitate strong team performance. Meeting the network engineering needs of future projects, directing activities to achieve customer requirements, and implementing new process efficiencies to reduce costs and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Lead a team of technical professionals who are responsible for the delivery and support of our organization's IP services.
- Provide quality management for the day-to-day needs of the team and company.
- Increase the overall competency of the team through direct training and work quality assessments
- Utilize performance management to clearly set individual deliverables, expectations and to review success throughout the year.
- Defines IP process best practices and standards
- Serves as a trusted advisor to support technology convergence
- Develops best practice support models as new technologies and customer services are introduced
Nature and Scope
- The Network Support Services Manager is accountable for delivering technical expertise while providing leadership and coaching to direct reports.
- The Network Support Services Manager will work with our external-facing groups to ensure support levels meet their expectations and that customer escalations are addressed in a timely manner.
- This position works with both the Operations team to provide support to our front-line resources as well as providing focus and effort to the Connectivity and Infrastructure team to develop and deploy new technologies and customer services.
- Engineering degree or equivalent five years’ experience in a telecommunications or internet service provider environment.
- Leadership experience of at least five years in the field of communications or networking
- Current CCNP, JNCIS, BAIST or equivalent IP Network certification will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of IP networks, protocols, and their application in a service provider environment.
- Knowledge of the interaction of systems and networks and understanding the impact changes to one system or network may have on all others.
- Strong knowledge of the various networks and systems used throughout the company and keep on top of changes as technology and telecommunication systems evolve.
- Excellent analytical, system performance gathering skills to determine root cause quantification.
- Project management skills for effective cutover and release management of the various systems and possess effective customer relationship skills.
- Very strong interpersonal, organization, analytical and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite of applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of the elements of a health & safety program will be considered an asset.