TAG Engineering is seeking a Junior/Intermediate Engineering Technologist to join our multidisciplinary team of architects and engineers. Projects include small scale commercial work as well as mid to large scale educational, hospitality, and civic facilities. The successful candidate must have strong drafting capabilities and be able to work well in a team environment. Drafting work will primarily be related to mechanical engineering, but may occasionally include electrical engineering and architectural drawings. Other work will include design calculations, analysis, and sizing of equipment. The successful candidate will have some experience in the buildings design and construction field, and be expected to learn on the job under the direction of experienced engineers and architects.
- Work under the direction of an experienced team of mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and architects
- Preparation of construction drawings and schedules
- Coordinate drawings between engineering and architectural disciplines
- Complete calculations under the direction of a professional engineer
- Complete sizing of equipment, ductwork, and piping for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, fire protection and fuel systems
- Provide input into design reports
- Scheduling your time to meet deadlines for multiple projects at various stages with overlapping schedules
- Periodic reviews of local construction sites and writing of site review reports
- Potential for occasional travel to remote job sites in the Canadian Arctic
- Occasional writing of site review reports
- Graduate from a recognized Canadian or International technologist program (junior EITs with similar skill set may be considered)
- 1 to 5 Years of relevant work experience in the building design and construction sector
- Understanding of HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection Systems
- Knowledge of biomass heating, propane, and fuel oil systems for small buildings would be an asset
- Building energy modeling experience would be an asset
- Strong skills in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Revit would be an asset
- Willingness to work collaboratively within a design team
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
Taylor Architecture Group (TAG) is a Northern based architecture firm with a focus on community design work, especially First Nation and Inuit communities, throughout the North. Our head office is located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, with satellite offices in Whitehorse and Ottawa.
In 2018, TAG expanded to include a mechanical and electrical engineering division with a focus on integrated design, coordination, energy efficiency and working for the best interests of our clients. Working in the mechanical department, the successful candidate will provide drafting and design support to a small team of experienced professionals, and will have the opportunity to learn under the guidance of professional engineers.
Yellowknife is a youthful and active Northern community. As the hub for the Northwest Territories, Yellowknife has most of the amenities of any Southern city. Residents enjoy skiing, dogsledding, and snowmobiling in the winter, and in summer enjoy the extended daylight hours with music festivals (currently postponed for Covid), hiking, canoeing, and camping in the wilderness that is Yellowknife’s backyard. Our office is located in the heart of the historic Old Town community with a view of Great Slave Lake. Our location promotes a social, thoughtful, and diverse working environment.
For examples of our work, visit https://tagyk.com.